Certified Medical Assistant
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
We are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team at Unify Community Health!
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay, $19-$24/hr DOE.
- Hiring bonus of $2,000 paid on first pay check, $1,000 bonus at 12 months.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts*.
- No night or weekend shifts.
*Shifts up to 7pm may be required; Shift differential may apply.
What we’re looking for:
- An MA who’s passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-centered environment.
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in a positive and professional manner.
- A meticulous person who asks questions and clarifies information as needed.
- Someone who wants to continue learning and developing MA skills, and is receptive to performance feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers’ needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Current MA-C credential issued by Washington State Department of Health or if in Pending status, Medical Assistant – Registered application must be submitted within 7 days of hire.
- Pass the mandatory 8-hour Blood Borne Pathogen training within 1 month of hire. CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.