Mechanical Contractor needs pipe fitters, pipe welders, and pipe helpers in Rock Hill, SC. Minimum one year recent working experience. Must be able to commit to a two year project. Valid driver’s required.
Competitive hourly wage based on experience, holiday and vacation pay after one year of service, health insurance after 90 days of service, and 401k eligibility after one year of service.
Apply ONLY in person at the job site located at the intersection of Fort Mill Southern By-Pass and White Road.
Walker White is an equal opportunity employer and we provide a drug-free workplace.
Drug screening and background check required.
Pipe Welder Job Description
General Summary of Duties: Plan, lay-out, weld, install test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
Essential Abilities, Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as required):
• With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, install and/or repair all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products in accordance with those plans and specifications.
• Read and understand plans and specifications, including isometric and orthographic drawings. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
• Follow established job-site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain, and take any corrective action needed.
• Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code.
• Install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
• Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
• Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor.