Associate Director of Digital Design and Production - NF0006140
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
University Development’s purpose is to support the mission of the university by raising private resources to enhance financial support for students, faculty, programs and facilities. University Development provides leadership and centralized services to all development offices throughout the University, serving as a focal point for annual giving, application development and IT support; campaign management; constituent programs; corporate and foundation relations; donor relations; gift planning; gift services; industry relations; marketing/communications; parents giving; principal gifts; prospect management, research and analytics; regional programs; scholarships and student aid; talent management; university events; and volunteer engagement.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization’s collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement that may include a partially remote work location, consistent with System Office policy. UNC Chapel Hill employees are generally required to reside within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned duty station.
Working within the Marketing/Communications team and following our established brand strategy, the Associate Director of Digital Design and Production will drive strategy for the design, creation and maintenance of new and existing University Development and departmental marketing websites, emails and other digital properties. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, this position will serve as our front-end web developer and lead email designer, devising and executing digital creative concepts and handling the daily tasks to bring them to life, in collaboration with internal and campus-wide University Development clients. This position is responsible for taking the lead to provide a visionary outlook from the lens of user research and world-class, creative user-interface design and development. This role is vital to the success of University Development’s marketing and communications function as digital properties are essential to pursuing our donor-centered philosophy and mission to raise private resources to support the university. The Associate Director manages design templates and the production, delivery and analysis of digital design projects, along with supervising external vendors, including a partner to manage back-end website security and support.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master’s or Bachelors and 0-2 years’ experience; or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Experience building, deploying and updating web content in WordPress and other content management systems, with an emphasis on accessibility and usability.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign), wire-framing tools and other design, programming, and system management software.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences ensuring project details and work requirements are communicated and executed effectively
- Strong critical thinking skills including problem-solving, decision-making and analysis.
- High degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness, with strong attention to detail and solid design skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively in an environment with competing demands on time and attention.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Mastery of complex web experience, marketing and communications principles.
- Experience building, deploying, and updating emails through an email service provider.
- Experience working in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Knowledge of Wordpress themes and theme development.
- Experience analyzing effectiveness of digital content and presenting that analysis through reports or data visualizations.
Please apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/236533
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.