Lead Data Integration Engineer
Lead Data Integration Engineer
Oregon State University
Department: Inst Analytcs & Reportng (JIS)
Appointment Type: Classified Staff
Job Location: Corvallis
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range:
This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time Analyst Programmer, competency level 3, position for the Institutional Analytics and Reporting unit at Oregon State University.
This position resides within Oregon State University's (OSU) University Information and Technology (UIT) Data and Information Architecture group and is an integral part of a diverse and innovative team responsible for delivering data solutions that support university-wide data, integration and analytics services and enables business insights to advance the priorities and vision for OSU. UIT comprises approximately 175 faculty and classified employees in UIT, along with 150 FTE student positions, and administers a total budget of $35+ million.
OSU is rapidly changing and maturing our approach to our data, integration, and Business Intelligence / Analytics practice and the Lead Integration Engineer plays a key role in helping OSU move from our existing environment to a modern unified platform and data integration strategy. The Lead Data Integration Engineer is an expert level Analyst Programmer responsible for helping implement OSU's new data platform and specifically the data integration related objectives. This is an advanced technical role that reports the Assistant Director of Data Engineering and is responsible for senior-level system and application data integration work that delivers data from our unified data platform environment with consistency, accuracy, and efficiency. They also provide advanced technical recommendations and serve in a lead worker capacity for integration services. This work directly supports a unified data vision and works closely and collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside of UIT to plan, build and deploy solutions that align with our Enterprise Architecture and Data strategies and move the IT vision forward.
We are looking for one full time (1 FTE) position who is experienced in a wide range of data integration tools, approaches, and experiences. OSU is a large complex institution, and this position requires a high level of attention to detail as well as knowledge of many different systems and types of data integration issues that may arise. The incumbent responsibilities will include contributing to and providing review of design and development documentation, planning, and delivery of data integration solutions within our new data platform for university-wide customers as well as collaborating with data engineers, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Solutions Architecture, and other key business partners to develop and support data integration solutions. They also serve as a technical lead for data integration work and consult with colleagues, help ensure on time and complete delivery of high-quality work, and demonstrate high levels of professionalism in their collaboration communication. They also contribute to other functions of data engineering that leverage the modern platform to ensure efficient data delivery, and quality work.
Data Statement: UIT has a commitment to deliver data as a strategic working asset and to enable data informed decision making across OSU. UIT leaders and staff will lead by example and use data to inform decision making at all levels in the organization. Persons in technology roles are also expected to design systems with data portability in mind and work within enterprise architecture and privacy guidelines.
DEI Statement : UIT has a deep commitment to and belief in the strength and value of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) both throughout our team and as an intentional and active practice to advance the vision, mission, and strategic efforts of the entire university. As a member of the UIT community, the person in this position is expected to foster and promote the values of DEI and demonstrate a commitment to inclusive excellence in their work.
Security Statement: Proactively securing and protecting OSU's digital assets and information systems is crucial to our missions of teaching and learning, research, and outreach and engagement. All OSU IT professionals have a direct responsibility to provide high quality and secure IT systems and services. Persons in technology roles are expected to be responsive to security related actions and requirements, and to collaborate to find secure ways to support the OSU community.
For reference: OSU Strategic Plan 4.0: https://leadership.oregonstate.edu/strategic-plan
Diversity Strategic Plan: https://diversity.oregonstate.edu/diversity-strategic-plan
OSU IT Strategic Plan: https://uit.oregonstate.edu/it-strategic-plan
Working for Oregon State University is so much more than a job!
Oregon State University is a dynamic community of dreamers, doers, problem-solvers and change-makers. We don’t wait for challenges to present themselves — we seek them out and take them on. We welcome students, faculty and staff from every background and perspective into a community where everyone feels seen and heard. We have deep-rooted mindfulness for the natural world and all who depend on it, and together, we apply knowledge, tools and skills to build a better future for all.
- Top 1.4% university in the world
- More research funding than all public universities in Oregon combined
- 1 of 3 land, sea, space and sun grant universities in the U.S.
- 2 campuses, 11 colleges, 12 experiment stations, and Extension programs in all 36 counties
- 7 cultural resource centers that offer education, celebration and belonging for everyone
- 100+ undergraduate degree programs, 80+ graduate degrees plus hundreds of minor options and certificates
- 35k+ students including more than 2.3k international students and 10k students of color
- 217k+ alumni worldwide
- For more interesting facts about OSU visit: https://oregonstate.edu/about
Oregon State has a statewide presence with campuses in Corvallis and Bend, the OSU Portland Center and the Hatfield Marine Science Center on the Pacific Coast in Newport.
Oregon State’s beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus is located in one of America’s best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine country. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances.
Total Rewards Package:
Oregon State University offers a https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/prospective-employee with benefits eligible positions that is designed to meet the needs of employees and their families including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
- Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
- Retirement savings paid by the university.
- A generous paid leave package, including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
- Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
Future and current OSU employees can use the https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/new-employees/benefits-calculator to learn more about the full value of the benefits provided at OSU.
50% – Advanced Data Integrations Engineering
20% – Data Integration Engineering Lead Work
20% – Other Data Systems Team/ Data and Information Architecture work
10% – Service, Professional Development
What You Will Need
- Four years of professional experience as a data integrations engineer, or an equivalent combination of relevant professional data engineering related experience.
- Professional experience developing and maintaining complex data integrations at an enterprise scale
- Demonstrated fluency in programming languages such as Java/Groovy and Python (or equivalent), writing and optimizing SQL queries, and developing ETL processes
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with data transformation tools such as Talend, dbt, or equivalent
- Experience with utilizing APIs for data integration workloads
- Demonstrated detail-oriented investigative and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in identifying avenues of improvement or migration for existing systems and processes
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per University Standard: 05-010 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Expertise in building ETL processes with Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Data queries
- Expertise in working with Microsoft Azure environments
- Demonstrated ability to provided technical leadership in implementing large scale data integration projects
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as Airflow, Automic Workload Automation (AWA), or equivalent
- Expertise using common software development tools such as Git and Atlassian Jira
- Expertise using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, AWS CDK, or MS Bicep
- Expertise with PL/SQL
- Expertise using configuration-as-code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience working with higher education data
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
Work schedule is determined with supervisor; remote office set up may be possible, as agreed on between the employee and supervisor. Travel is infrequent but would be available for professional development or representing the organization to external organizations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications will be reviewed based on the information submitted on the employment profile with education and work history along with any other requested documentation i.e. posting specific question responses, transcripts, etc. Your profile MUST clearly show how you meet the minimum/required qualifications for the position. Resumes are NOT accepted at the application stage for this position.
Equivalent required experience is based on full-time equivalent (40 hours per week).
PLEASE NOTE: If you have volunteer experience relevant to this position, please include in the Employment History section and note length of time, average number of hours per week and major duties.
Typically, the starting salary is at the lower end of the salary range.
For additional information please contact: Alisha Brucker at email@example.com
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
OSU will conduct a review of the National Sex Offender Public website prior to hire.
OSU is a fair chance employer committed to inclusive hiring. We encourage applications from candidates who bring a wide range of lived experience including involvement with the justice system. This job has “critical or security-sensitive” responsibilities. If you are selected as a finalist, your initial job offer will be contingent upon the results of a job-related pre-employment check (such as a background check, motor vehicle history check, sexual misconduct reference check, etc.). Background check results do not automatically disqualify a candidate. Take a look at our https://hr.oregonstate.edu/careers/background-checks website including the https://hr.oregonstate.edu/careers/candidates section for more details. If you have questions or concerns about the pre-employment check, please contact OSU’s Employee and Labor Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/5003026
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.