Deputy Director of IT Support & Client Services
Administrative Services | MIS
Position Title: Deputy Director of IT Support & Client Services
Job ID Number: 39470
About the Office:
The Mayor’s Office MIS Department is responsible for all aspects of technology for the agency. This includes end user desktop support, VOIP, network infrastructure, messaging, email, file, web, and database servers,and server virtualization. MIS collaborates with other city agencies to implement wireless policy and procedures and develop secure tools/applications for use by multiple agencies. MIS also partners with otherdepartments in the Mayor’s Office to develop tools and applications that streamline processes, measure performance/metrics and increase productivity.
About the Role:
The Deputy Director of IT Support & Client Services will direct daily and ongoing operational support of POS infrastructure for partners while ensuring exceptional customer service. They will oversee all aspects of customer service including help desk intake, liaison with various units and agencies, communication, resolution, management reporting and always maintaining a cordial relationship with customers. This position requires exceptional communication skills and attention to detail as well as mastery in building and maintaining strong positive relationships within the team and across the organization. In addition, this position has two other important function that fulfills daily and ongoing support to employees and contractors by managing a team of IT Specialists. Managing day to day implementation needs of business units with a team of IT Specialists and a robust process that helps implementing new technologies to our business units.
The help desk/Client Services team takes user calls, reviews user tickets and initiates a ticket, and either resolves the problem or triages the support request to technical support personnel. The Director is accountable for issue resolution on time, staffing level, survey participation, employee satisfaction, employee development, communication and 24/7 support.
- Have a deep understanding of and experience in Transformational Leadership.
- Work with team to improve upon and create organizational processes and strategies.
- Lead the team by providing tools and technologies based on the growing needs of the customers and the teams.
- Maintain the project priorities for help desk support areas.
- Allocates resources across various tickets efficiently and ensures sudden spike in call volumes are appropriately handled.
- Ensures projects meet agreed upon deadlines and deliverables.
- Formulate SLA and ensure buy in and adherence. Day-to-day oversight of all User Services activities as well as manages ongoing projects and tasks.
- Ensure the necessary tools are available to onsite user support technicians for proactive and responsive services. Provide up-to-date system and process documentation and inventories.
- Assist in managing vendor support contracts. When necessary, work in concert with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution. Provide periodic proactive updates, reports and metrics to IT leadership
- Manage and maintain transparent communication channel to understand the team's needs and propagate help and support sought and provided by the Senior management.
- Have a good handle on redundant issues, identify defects and establish a plan to reduce or eliminate issues in conjunction with dev teams.
- Provide weekly updates on projects, items that has the potential to increase call volumes, staffing level impact, and other team impacting KPIs and health of the teams.
- Identify and avoid single point of failure in processes, resources, and support areas.
- Manage, mentor, coach, lead and have constant communication with managers, supervisors, L1s, L2s, L1s, Trainers, and other specialists.
- Responsible for hiring and managing all help desk desktop team members, Implementation team members, Client Services team members.
- Have a good handle on staffing levels based on ticket volumes for Help desk and Client services functions.
- Regular cadence with help desk staff to understand challenges as they arise.
- Provide proactive planning for staffing levels based on project and implementation pipeline.
- Conduct regular reviews and ensures team maintains and upgrades technical skills.
- Customer Liaison: Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors, agencies and internal customer base
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of IT experience with increased responsibility of IT roles
- 5-7 years of project leadership/management experience; experience managing IT Customer Service organizations.
- Strong operational management of day-to-day activities and shift turnover process
- Strong data analysis experience that will inform decision making on staffing, defect reduction, process optimization etc.
- In-depth hands-on experience in the Microsoft Enterprise including both on-prem and hosted solutions.
- Microsoft 365 platform administration, web conferencing tools and ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical aspects in appropriate terms to the business units and the technical team
- Self-managed highly motivated and results-oriented
- Collaborative leadership style
- Skilled at managing priorities and meeting deadlines in a complex environment
- Experience in managing third-party vendor relationships
$120,000 - $125,000
Please send a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and three (3) references to Candidate Application
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
The Adams Administration values diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences that is reflective of the city it serves. Applicants of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged and welcomed to apply.
For current job opportunities in the NYC Mayor’s Office visit the Mayor’s Office Job’s Page
.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting the EEO team at EEO@cityhall.nyc.gov.