FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions 1
Business Title SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER
Civil Service Title IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Title Code No 95714 Level 00
Proposed Salary Range $130,000.00 - $145,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/SS Technical Services
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been
granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this
requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received
and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) have a
vacancy for a Systems Programmer who will provide technical services within the mainframe team and
support the IBM mainframe computer systems, program products, and subsystems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
As a z/OS Systems Programmer in the System Services group, primary responsibility will include:
• Ongoing maintenance (installation, patching, upgrades, administration, etc.) of the mainframe z/OS operating
system, CICS Subsystems, software products and UNIX Systems Services.
• The candidate will be required to provide Production 24/7 coverage (if required) and support weekend
• The ability to work as part of a group and individually.
• The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
• The ability to keep up with changing technology.
• Must be reliable, honest, and technically inclined.
• Must be willing to learn new technologies.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and
four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud
engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience
related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• 10+ years of experience working with z/OS, CICS, program product installations and Unix System Services
• Working knowledge of IMS and DB2 is a plus
• Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON and TMON
• Working with an enterprise-wide, large-scale implementation
• Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health
insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax
Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such
as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through
District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 567833. Current NYC
employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given
consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
Public Svc Loan Forgiveness
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness
programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department
of Education’s website at StudentAid.gov/PSLF.
35 hours Weekly/Day.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POSTING DATE 01/09/2023 Until
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining
a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment
based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an
individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.