Office Title: TRAINING COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Department: Partnerships & Outreach
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: Full-Time
Job ID #: 532760
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The Public Affairs division promotes the agency’s key role in equipping all candidates and voters to power a fairer and more open democracy in New York City. We engage New Yorkers, inform them about elections, and boost their civic participation in the democratic process
The Partnership and Outreach Unit works to build partnerships across the city to disseminate information and conduct direct to voter outreach.
The Training Coordinator would report directly to the Director of Partnerships and Outreach and spearhead our efforts to assess the unit’s training and educational current offerings and needs, as well as develop and refine our voter education resources and assets. This role will add much needed bandwidth for developing and delivering civic education curriculum for a wide variety of audiences. These will include live and pre-recorded trainings and workshops, as well as the development and maintenance of a digital training library.
The Training Coordinator will ensure that all trainings delivered by the P&O unit are updated in accordance to the ever-changing voting landscape and remain in alignment with agency branding guidelines. Trainings will cover Basics Civics, voter registration and elections, hosting community debates and forums, City Agency voter registration compliance, and changes to voting such as City-only Voting, Ranked Choice Voting, and other reforms which may be implemented in the future. They will work closely with the unit Director, the more external-facing unit members, and other Public Affairs staff to ensure that educational resources are well tuned to the needs of our various audiences.
- Assesses the unit’s public training and development needs, and establishes and maintains a training development strategy, training calendars, and voter education library.
- Works closely with the Director of Partnerships and Outreach and other Public Affairs staff to ensure training complies with election law, Local Law requirements, and CFB policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensures that training curricula are updated in accordance with changes to city/state/federal election laws and regulations.
- Creates and delivers course content, working with third parties as needed and provides logistical support.
- Supports the development of internal training capacity by training other staff to deliver curriculum.
- Oversees and maintains the Organization’s training software.
Learning and Audience Engagement
- Regularly solicits audience feedback on training curriculum and incorporates feedback into future training development
- Tracks unit public trainings and prepares and distributes regular training reports.
- Where appropriate, prepares and distributes training certificates and supporting documentation to training attendees.
- Maintains a tracking system to monitor training attendance.
- Engages in an ongoing review of training programs to ensure relevance; ensures training methods, content, software utilization, etc. are appropriate and at industry best practice levels.
- Develops educational partnerships that would enhance the Organization’s training program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- At least three to five years of experience in stand-up training and curricula development is required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of voting and civic participation is required.
- Academic background in Education, Adult education or other related field preferred.
- Previous experience with digital education resource libraries is preferred
- Previous experience with civic education, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to details.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
➢ Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: TRAINING COORDINATOR
➢ Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at
https://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency. _____________________________________________________________________________________ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.