The George Mason University Office of Risk Management (ORM) within the department of Safety, Emergency, and Enterprise Risk Management (SEERM), is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position supports the ORM mission in daily matters with an emphasis on administrative support. The individual assists the department in fulfilling all the office functions, with a focus on the complex elements of claims administrative support.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in a comprehensive office environment;
- Some experience (generally two (2) years) as a secretary or administrative assistant requiring a full-range of administrative functions;
- Demonstrated administrative and office management skills;
- Knowledge of the budget process as it relates to managing office accounts;
- Demonstrated experience in computer skills including all Microsoft products;
- Ability to develop and maintain a web page;
- Good oral and written communication skills, including being able to deal effectively with persons in a stressful situation;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated exceptional organization skills;
- After initial instruction, ability to work independently with limited guidance; ability to meet tight deadlines; and
- Able to research, understand and interpret state directives and related risk management references.
- Valid Driver’s license;
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification;
- Some college-level course work in business administration; and
- Experience at an institution of higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02205Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.