Program Manager (529334)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Manages the coordination of all courses within the Human Biology and Disease strand in the first two years of the medical curriculum.
- Prepares the instructional worksheets for the Human Biology and Disease strand.
- Submits and monitors faculty appointment requests for the Human Biology and Disease strand. Coordinates resources for external and voluntary faculty. Manages additional faculty payments and documentation, textbook purchases, travel, and reimbursements for the Human Biology and Disease strand.
- Manages the submission of grades and narrative comments for all courses within the Human Biology and Disease strand and ensures they are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures performance reports are prepared and submitted to the Course Faculty.
- Reports any modification or deletion of class time, topics and any other changes in the Human Biology and Disease courses to the Office of Medical Education (OME), and coordinates and resolves any scheduling issues.
- Collaborates with course directors within the Human Biology, and Disease strand on the design and implementation of the course and the course syllabus to ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the medical school, and in coordinating, creating, and administering assessments, and other curricular activities using software such as, CanvasMed, and others. Keeps records of exam tagging.
- Coordinates remediation plans with the OME. Maintains records and sensitive material related to remediation's.
- Maintains records including the Honors' list, faculty roster, textbooks, and e-mail distribution lists, for the Human Biology and Disease strand. Collaborates with the Strand Leaders to prepare year-end reports.
- Maintains records of the map of each course within the Human Biology and Disease strand to various categories, including Educational Program Objectives, Course Level Objectives, United States Medical License examination objectives, Entrustable Professional Activities, Physician Competency Reference Set, and others.
- Supervises support staff, evaluates performance and provides ongoing training and support.
- Advises faculty, coordinators and students regarding curricular policies and procedures.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification from a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and four (4) years of related experience, or Master's degree in an appropriate specialization and two (2) years related experience.
Previous experience managing and/or coordinating administrative functions within a higher education environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 529334.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.