Clinical Application Developer III
Clinical Application Developer III
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical Application Developer III to join our team of professionals.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems to support the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine's (HWCOM) primary application infrastructure or department's business applications. Gathers requirements from users, creates specifications, and develops and writes code to support new and existing applications.
- Provides technical programming, development, and integration expertise to support existing and new applications for HWCOM and FIU Health. Responsible for Application Development & Administration of NeigborhoodHELP programs and all Outreach projects. Determines hospital affiliation system needs and recommends technologies to meet overall medical school business unit requirements.
- Participates in technical requirement gathering, technology selection, data modeling, Azure infrastructure design, and DevOps & CI/CD process design with guidance from our technical and architecture leadership team.
- Administers, programs and develops applications based on compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) requirements relating to encryption, secure browsers, multi-tier level authentication, and database secure encryption.
- Architects and develops new applications and features using industry-standard best practices.
- Identifies current and future needs to ensure the applications support the department and division's mission.
- Meets with stakeholders to craft technology solutions that meet their business needs and estimates the effort needed to deliver.
- Collaborates with other software developers on an agile development team. Provides code feedback to other developers through code reviews.
- Performs application integration using HL7 Interface and other interface engines.
- Serves as the merchant account's primary contact or technical contact; Handles sensitive cardholder information and/or processes credit cards transactions for the department/unit; Will have access to a third-party system (software, gateway, etc.) that processes, transmits, and/or stores cardholder information.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies, or other technical discipline and five (5) years related experience and training in academic or healthcare IT, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Proficiency in Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Knowledge of good architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on client’s business objectives.
- Proven success leading projects from start to finish.
- 2+ years of professional/technical experience in healthcare enterprise environment.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 526711.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.