Online Marketing & Sales Specialist
Online Marketing & Sales Specialist
Requisition Number S1733P
The Online Marketing & Sales Specialist manages the e-commerce operation at the Auburn University Bookstore to include website analysis and optimization, sales growth, improving the user experience, and online order fulfillment.
Located in the heart of our beautiful campus, the Auburn University Bookstore is a university-operated full-service college store dedicated to serving the entire Auburn family including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and fans. The Bookstore provides supports a successful student experience, fosters the AU Spirit, and returns 100% of our profits back to the University! Learn more at https://www.aubookstore.com/
Why should YOU consider a career with the Auburn University Bookstore?
- Competitive employee benefits + state retirement plan.
- A team-oriented, positive work environment.
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents after a year of service.
- Generous leave policies (including paid parental leave!)
- Employee discount (and first dibs) on the newest Auburn gear.
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU are a part of providing the premier academic experience at Auburn, as well as the life-changing work our students perform.
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
About Auburn University: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Responsible for the overall content of the Bookstore website, including overall site appearance, written copy for landing pages, curation of merchandise for online catalogs, and creation and maintenance of individual product pages with detailed product copy and description.
- Creates the best possible e-commerce experience for Bookstore customers within the current point-of-sale system, including accessibility of website content and ADA compliance, and exemplary customer service.
- Optimizes the Bookstore website to increase sales, limit bounce rate, improve search engine optimization, and increase prominence in search engine results.
- Oversees all steps of the order fulfillment process, including merchandise selection, charging, shipment, and customer service.
- Analyzes and measures site performance using Google Analytics and Semrush, or similar tools, and adjusts content to increase user satisfaction and boost visibility.
- Maintains the Bookstore website’s paid digital advertising campaigns to drive website traffic, including ad copy, keyword selection and bidding, and ad relevance.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to plan, promote, and implement events to online customers, and tracks the success of the promotion.
- Performs cost analysis of the online ordering department to ensure profitability, including shipping costs, labor costs, and shipping supply costs. Forecasts daily, monthly, and yearly sales for online orders and produces reports based off of previous years’ sales figures and trends.
- Assists as needed during busy periods with processing orders and resolving customer service issues or wherever there may be a need.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Degree in Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Liberal Arts, or related field.
- No experience required for entry level
- Level II – Bachelor’s degree in a discipline appropriate to the position plus 2 years of experience in retail management, online sales and marketing management, and/or customer service.
- Level III – Bachelor’s degree in a discipline appropriate to the position plus 4 years of experience in retail management, online sales and marketing management, and/or customer service.
- Alternate Minimum Education and Experience (If available)
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
Salary Range: $31,300 - $65,500
Link for Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29953
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.